Tuesday 28 August 2012

Lots of last but not the end

Well, I lapsed into a state of Non-blogness, as my time in Namibia was drawing to a close, I somehow became focused on what was to come and left the blog to drift without ending.
As I write this I'm becoming conscious of how different the two existences are, the one in Namibia and the one in Australia, it is interesting how subtle things can have such profound influence.
I am still doing some work for Namibia, because there is so much to be done, and it really does need skilled input, Namibia has a small population and so people with the appropriate skills who are willing to sacrifice their time to the needs of the NTA (ultimately the Namibian people) are hard to find.
People are asking me 'so how was it?' and it is invariably a complex answer, so I revert to the general overview answer, which is an easy to say and easy to hear, 'it was great' this is not untrue, but it is like trying to describe your main relationship, or stock market fluctuations, or world war two,  in a few words, it deserves far more than the time given to do so.
I'm back in the land of Oz, I have grown in various ways and learned some things about myself, so I'll see now how I can incorporate these into this existence.
 I laughed when I saw this, I hear Dr Evil saying 'a frican romance', it could be one description of my experience.
If you click on this photo you should be able to see the two fishermen in their dugout canoes, (mokoros) this was the last sunset I was able to enjoy looking over the Kovango River, the evening before I left Rundu on my journey home, it somehow seems appropriate, the small people in the big river still working away right up to the last minute, doing the best they can with the tools that they have, and a kind of ancient dignity about what they are doing.

I look forward to seeing all of my friends and relatives over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment