Sunday 1 July 2012

Tough times

Upon the final emptying of my last squeezy Vegemite several weeks ago I was forced into desperate action. It's OK folks, I have eaten some and there are no bad side effects so far, only 40 days to go on my assignment so limiting my exposure should save me.

Things are going well with the Trainers, I did a session on 'Leveling' using Automatic and LASER levels with one of the trainers last week, and we traveled out to Katima Mulilo and did some training with a Ridgid drain cleaning machine which finally arrived from USA, the trainers and students all came to see it, as none have seen one before, they all use 'Hand Rods' for drain clearing here, for those who don't know, 'Hand Rods' are cheap to buy, but quite difficult to use. The new machine was a real eye opener for them, a new way to think about their future businesses.
I continue to enjoy my time here in Namibia, I'm working with a fun bunch of people, and I'm getting a great sense of satisfaction from the work I'm doing, it is great to feel that in some small way I've contributed to the advancement of a nation.
Having said that, I'm really looking forward to seeing my family again, hugs over Skype just don't cut it.

1 comment:

  1. Cool that you can show them new stuff which will help them.
    We could have sent you vegemite, it may have reached you by (two years after) the time you got back home!
    Miss you too :)

    ReplyDelete